Thursday, April 14, 2011

China - and thoughts on death.

I was interested to read an article on China Daily, about this topic.  Australians, Chinese and many other cultures around the world find it difficult to discuss death, and the issues that are raised.  I know if I tell anyone I like reading/writing obituaries, people shy away from me as if I have an unnatural interest in death, or that I am scary to be talking with. 

Sooner or later we will all die - and research, as is noted elsewhere in this blog, indicates that those are prepared for it, and understand it as something that is inevitable, manage much better with the whole process.

The China Daily article has a number of stories - quite interesting.  Click here to read the articles.

We certainly need to be able to discuss our wishes and feel comfortable with this topic - even with our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment