Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dad in a Bag

When my father passed away in July, his remains were cremated.  We have only just collected 'him' from the funeral director, so that we could place his ashes, according to his wishes, in the rose garden of his much loved rose garden.

He was handed to me in a brown paper bag, in which was the plastic 'urn' with his ashes. I strapped it into the back seat of the car.



It was strange having him in the car - and I chatted to him as I drove.  I said to him "Can you believe you are in a brown paper shopping bag." and other things, about what was happening in the family since he left us.


We were not sure where the rose garden was, and initially planned to scatter the ashes in another place where there were roses, but a search of the bowling club revealed this garden, which clearly was the intended space, so my sister and I too turns scattering the ashes among the rose bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment