Tuesday, October 26, 2010

95 Today

Today is my mother's birthday - Joyce W is 95 today!  I phoned her in the nursing home today and she was thrilled.  Initially she'd forgotten it was her birthday but said "I had made her day!"  It was a short conversation - partially because I could not understand her.  For the first time I have noticed a slurring of her speech.  I told her that I will see her next week when I visit Adelaide.

I heard that last week, she lead a "posse" of escapees from the home.  She and two other ladies found a way out and they headed up the street, past the house where she and my father had lived for many years.  
Apparently she did not recognise it as she was some distance along the road when found.  A neighbour in the street notified the nursing home that some of the residents were wandering along the road.

My mother, and escapee???   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment